To view a video tribute to MAESSR dogs, click here
- Adopted Jerry on 2/25/15. He is a neat five year old with a lot of personality.We are adjusting well as he has some separation issues but is getting better. Waiting for better weather to have more outdoor fun.He is my truck Buddy and rides really well.Thanks to all the MAESSR folks for; all they do.
O J Smith, VA
- It broke my heart to have to give up my Zara, but sometimes life throws you curve balls. MAESSR was gracious enough to foster her and find her a new home. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her, but I know she will be bring joy to her new family. God bless those folks who open their hearts and homes to help these awesome dogs.
- We are twice blessed, obviously with Bailey, who has a lovely nature and is fitting in smoothly..we heal as we welcome her, remember, then make room for joy! Thank you for putting the pieces together so expertly. WE are so very appreciative for your insights and outreach.
- Aug 2012, I lost my heart dog Sebastian, adopted from MAESSR in 2003. Then along came Nick to rescue me. It it now 2 years and he is a perfect fit for us. He has given us much joy and I can't imagine our home without him. MAESSR does a fantastic job of matching up families with the appropriate dog.Thanks to all the MAESSR volunteers for all you do.
- Thanks MAESSR, for all the support with our adoption of Molly Marie on 10/20/12, her subsequent passing on 10/20/13 from cancer and our adoption of Tip on 1/20/14. Tip has filled our lives with joy and love after losing Molly girl and become his little sister Daisy the Beagle's buddy. Thank you for all you do to save these pups, finding them special forever homes. We're blessed to be part of the MAESSR family!
- After losing our beloved Chelsea of 14 years in April, we knew that in time we would bring a rescue dog into our home. Two weeks later we adopted Fiona and Freckles. They have given us a new lease on life and healed our broken hearts. As MAESSR volunteers, we knew what a good job they do finding the perfect "furever" homes for dogs in their care, now we are the lucky recipients of that expertise! Thank you MAESSR.
- Eight years ago we adopted a senior Springer named "Buddy" from MAESSR. Last week, at age 16, we had to say good bye to our special boy and send him to Rainbow Bridge. We have heavy hearts and miss Buddy dearly but we have been blessed to have him as part of our family. We encourage anyone considering adoption to look to a wonderful senior Springer! Thank you MAESSR for all you do. "Bud Boy," you will forever be in our hearts.
- We adopted Montgomery (a.k.a Montie),full of love and still acts like a pup. Loves to go for walks and find puddles to lay down in. He asks permission to come up on the bed at night by scratching the side of the bed before leaping up. His favorite .. ice cubes! Discovering the Atlantic Ocean this summer he tried to drink it, bad idea as he later found out. He has run of the house while we are at work and is very well behaved. Thanks MAESSR!
- We recently adopted Han and he is such a sweetheart; worth the wait! Kudos to the MAESSR volunteer for so willingly devoting their time and efforts into finding the right match! We're looking forward to many fun years with this sweet Velcro boy!!
Mid-Atlantic English Springer Spaniel Rescue (MAESSR) is a volunteer based 501(c)3 animal welfare organization dedicated to rescuing and rehoming English Springer Spaniels thru rescue, rehabilitation, training, humane education, and community outreach.
MAESSR is not an affiliate of English Springer Rescue America (ESRA), and receives no funding from ESRA