To view a video tribute to MAESSR dogs, click here
- We recently adopted Dora II (now Maggie) from MAESSR. She was every bit as sweet as advertised and then some. MAESSR has been right there with support and advice as we introduced Maggie into our home with another Springer. The service they provide in rescuing these precious creatures is beyond words! Thank you MAESSR!
- Thank you for everything you do!
- I adopted Scout in Jan. 2004. He was my first dog, let alone a rescue. MAESSR and his foster mom were there to help when Scout had issues going to the vet. Sadly my buddy moved to the rainbow bright last June. However, he was a GREAT dog for the 9 years that he was with me. I can't wait to adopt another Springer from MAESSR!
- When I got divorced at the beginning of 2012 I was desperate to find a home for Remi, my best friend and hunting companion for nine years. While it broke my heart to give him up, I found peace knowing the wonderful folks at MAESSR would find him a forever home with the love I would have given him. I have heard from his new owners and they are a big happy family. Thank you all for what you do.
- This Thanksgiving marked our second year with Macquire, now 13. He is so special, so smart and so resilient, surviving tumor surgery this summer and now better than ever. We found out this summer he is an excellent swimmer and Jonah who is 3 thinks he's our third human boy! Our boys are his best friends and he enjoys ever minute of every day! Thank you MAESSR for enriching our lives!
- Thanks MAESSR for all that you do to protect and save these dogs. Flash is alive and well because of your service. He acts like he has lived with the other dogs and two cats all along after a week. Perfect boy, thanks you so very much. Wish I could add pictures.
- We are twice blessed, obviously with Bailey, who has a lovely nature and is fitting in smoothly..we heal as we welcome her, remember, then make room for joy! Thank you for putting the pieces together so expertly. WE are so very appreciative for your insights and outreach.
- This goes out to Freckles 17...I miss you boy! You are and always will be in my heart. I still am sad not having you: (I hope that your new family will love you just like I did)
- Thanks MAESSR, for all the support with our adoption of Molly Marie on 10/20/12, her subsequent passing on 10/20/13 from cancer and our adoption of Tip on 1/20/14. Tip has filled our lives with joy and love after losing Molly girl and become his little sister Daisy the Beagle's buddy. Thank you for all you do to save these pups, finding them special forever homes. We're blessed to be part of the MAESSR family!
- After losing our beloved Chelsea of 14 years in April, we knew that in time we would bring a rescue dog into our home. Two weeks later we adopted Fiona and Freckles. They have given us a new lease on life and healed our broken hearts. As MAESSR volunteers, we knew what a good job they do finding the perfect "furever" homes for dogs in their care, now we are the lucky recipients of that expertise! Thank you MAESSR.
- Logan changed my life and I will be forever grateful. He's missed terribly today the one week anniversary of his crossing the Rainbow Bridge. Today, I honor him with happy memories of our time together. I love you Logan and thank you for your love shown to me. I wish peace and happiness for you. The MAESSR family will always hold a special place in my heart - thank you for your tremendous work, well done.
Mid-Atlantic English Springer Spaniel Rescue (MAESSR) is a volunteer based 501(c)3 animal welfare organization dedicated to rescuing and rehoming English Springer Spaniels thru rescue, rehabilitation, training, humane education, and community outreach.
MAESSR is not an affiliate of English Springer Rescue America (ESRA), and receives no funding from ESRA